Old 09-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
freakinmental
Juvenile

Any news today on how they are?
freakinmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
Tortilla Chip
Egg

If the kitten has been stepped on and shes making lots of noise i would say take her to the vets ASAP, she could have a broken rib or fractured bone or anything!
Just because shes walking and eating it doesnt mean shes ok.

Also i would say it may be an idea to anonymously report her to the RSPCA, if they are allowing that to happen to the kittens then what has the cat had to live through previously?

If your kitten is eating, drinking and going to the toilet on her own then go get her ASAP! Dont wait until Friday. If you kitten has fleas then get her to the vets as quick as possible, fleas in kittens can cause them to be anemic and they can die if it get too bad as such a young age. I had the same problem with my kitten.

If you can and your willing to rescue all the kittens until you can find safe homes for them you could be their life saver. If you worried about the vets bills, ask the vet for a spray, i got a large bottle for mine, i think it cost about £30 and all you do is drench the kitten in it avoiding their face. I think it was something by frontline. Dependent on how many kittens there is in total there should be enough in one bottle to treat all the kittens.

Good luck with them, i hope there all ok.
Keep us informed xx

Tortilla Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
Sally_liz
Incubating

All she asked last night was if I could babysit later this month as she want to go to a football match.
I saw my kitten and she was absolutly ok. not even crying when I picked her up, and was attacking her mums tail with great excitement.
I spoke about giving them to a rescue centre but she wasn't keen on the idea, but she is going to put an advert up for them on Friday for them to go immediatly (I think she really wants the money), apparently last time ther were all taken within a couple of days so I'll see how it goes, but if they aren't gone by next Monday then I will suggest again they go to a rescue centre.
My neighbour agreed with me last night that their daughter is no good with the kittens, and that is whey she wants them to go early so they are away from her. She was also going to keep one herself, but is now going to let it go.
I was going to take mine last night, but she was happily suckling when I left and I though against my better judgement that she would be better to come back on friday when I am around all weekend and the vet appointment is, rather than spending the day in my mothers house while I'm at work.
The neighbour has now said the daughter is not going in the same room as the kittens, so hopefully it'll be ok until Friday. (fingers Crossed!)
Sally_liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
welshlass22
Adult

It will be ok to take them at 6 weeks.

When we got our kittens they were only 4 weeks old and they ate and drank fine without their mother. We got kitten milk from tescos and kitten food and mashed it up for them. And if they didnt eat it we put a bit of food on our finger for them to lick off and eventually they ate it.

They also suck on their bedding and pad it down. They still do.

Theyre 9months now and theyre doing great....they go outside, eat like a big and run like looneys

I'd get the kitten early i wouldnt worry to much about not being with the mother.

welshlass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
lindso3000
Adult

Send a message via MSN to lindso3000

if only i lived nearer i would have take a couple in
Old 09-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #16
Sylvia1
Adult

The fact that the kittens are being kept away from the child is a step forward and now that your neighbour is aware that you are showing an interest in the welfare of the kittens, it will hopefully ensure their safety until new owners are found. At this time of year, kittens do sell very quickly so hopefully they will have all found new homes very soon. Please keep us updated and when you get your kitten, we'd love to see lots of photos!

3 hermanns, 2 leopards, 2 german shepherds, 5 cats, 3 tropical tanks
Sylvia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #17
Sally_liz
Incubating

I am picking my one up tonight and she is going directly to the vets then back to a child free house!! My firend is picking his up on Sunday so there will only be 3 left to re-home then, and hopefully they'll go quickly once advertised, although she is now asking £25 per kitten now!!
Many thanks for all the feedback, and I will get some very cute piccys up soon!
Sx
Old 06-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #18
Sally_liz
Incubating

I know it's been a while (I've had a long 12 months with my dad being first very ill & then passing away).. but I thought I'd update you on my what was a kitten then.. but is now a giant, with a few pics from the past year.... (basically I've only just figured out how simple it was to upload them!!) I called her Willow......

This was her at about 10 wks old

This is my absolute favourite piccy of her taken on my phone...

It was after this something strange started to happen... although as you can see from the early pictures she was always going to have long fur.. nothing prepared us for the winter coat....

She wasn't too keen on the snow.. & would only walk or sit in my footprints!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #19
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh at that last pic, that is one hairy cat

But she is beautiful, the kitten pics are adorable and she has grown into a fabulous looking pussycat. The expression on her face in that last pic is classic

Sorry to hear about your dad, by the way, but it's good to see you posting again

Last edited by Bindi; 06-10-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #20
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

What a lovely happening ending Great pictures and what a bundle of fluff! Sorry to hear about your Dad