Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Finsky
Incubating

Default Newbie from Notts. UK

Hi there!
Huh...I finally found 'introduction pages'..so here I am.
I am proud lady owner of newly landed Horsefield's 'gent'..or that's what I think he is. I wasn't looking to get a tortoise..nor even thought about it but one came across in need of home and urgently so..of course I couldn't miss the opportunity. All my life I have rescued and looked after all manner of animals...but never any tortoises.
I do have some 'rosy' childhood summer memories that involves a tortoise...me and my cousin and her tortoise... so I have always carried fondness towards these animals.
My Horsefield's tortoise was first christened as 'Henrietta'..but when I had to learn about tortoise keep in rather rapid fashion..I came across info about sexing 'torts'...and I think it might not be 'she' after all.
And being so robust and greedy individual, though not very big and having indentified him as 'Russian tortoise'..Putin is what came to my mind.. Once the name came out of my lips...well it stuck..
Anyway...enough my ramblings...looking forward to explore the site more, soak in lots of more info and get to know more of you fellow keepers....time will tell where this new 'adventure' will lead...( I just might have room for some more turtle housing in future, already looking around garden....
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote