Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 27-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
wigwamman
Juvenile

Default autumn

at this time of year we are damson picking to make wine and damson gin which is ready for xmas,had a good day out last thurs with plenty fruit picked.i had parked in a residential street with bushes on one side and houses on the other,not wishing to park outside someones house i parked on the other side of the road and pushed the door mirror in so it wouldnt get knocked off.anyway the person living opposite where i had parked reversed off their drive right into my passenger door caving it in plus big gouge marks,lucky for me she did leave her details.i am sure things could have been much worse.
looking forward to the wine to wash this nasty taste away!
wigwamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
Gordon
Adult

I'm sure it will be worth the wait I had a similar thing years ago at a house I was working at we had two big white vans parked off road at the end of this persons drive and when we cam to go home both vans were dented all the way down the side As it was on the road side it could of been anybody so we sucked it up and went home. On arriving back there the next day I thought I would have a look at their car and sure enough there was white paint all around the back bumper so I knocked on the door to say good morning and said to the customer I think your wife hit our vans yesterday and the first thing he said was with a few swear words thrown is was words to the effect of not again she is always doing this. He said leave it with him and he would sort it which fair play he had both vans sorted and was very apologetic.
Just baffles me as to how she didn't even know she had done it. I'm sure there are a lot of people whose observational skills must be zero.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Merlin M
Adult

Poor hubby had a similar problem last week, he was parking when he scraped another car, but had absolutely nothing with him to leave a note, he went into work to get some but when he got back the car he scraped was gone!! He was so stressed out, he did report it to the police though but he feels so bad!

G, really not sure how the woman could have not noticed but by the sounds of it she does this often, poor husband must be very patient!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
CherryBrandy
Adult

I think its old timers on the whole. Poor things can't see past the steering wheel or over the top or where what one way means. Thank goodness my mum doesn't drive.
I know I will get there one day ! Be nice, CB