Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Default low blood pressure

I am taking tablets that can caused blurred vision. I am also taking tablets that when combined with yet another lot of tablets can cause low blood pressure.

Does anyone know if low blood pressure can cause blurred vision as well?

I told my doctor who is a bit useless and he said take the tablets at night and it shouldn't be a problem. However I have been doing this but am getting blurred vision around the same time every day, 9pm onwards (before I've even taken them for that day). I'm pretty sure I'm also getting the low blood pressure because I've been on the verge of passing out a few times and my wife had this in the past but is the blurred vision caused by the low blood pressure?
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
pagan queen
Adult

According to this site yes blurred vision is a symptom of low blood pressure.

http://www.blood-pressure-monitoring...d-pressure.htm
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

cheers. I will have to see about it. it's happening more and more now whereas it was only happening occasionally before
Old 06-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Evie
Sub Adult

Alan - I think your doctor needs to review your medication and the contra indications with your other meds.
Evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

My blood count is low too. it was unusually low so they phoned me up to go and get another one done. when I was down there I told the nurse about the blurred vision etc and she went to the doc and came back with the info to take the tablets at night

not sure what blood count TBH but think it is white cell count. i get that done regularly because of azathioprine affecting the blood count. does a low blood count have owt to do with low blood pressure? I hate going down there, I always come away thinking it was a waste of time anyway
Old 06-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
dae
Hatchling

Hey, have you tried visiting your optician, this is the field I work in and they are far more expert when it comes to eyes and the effects of drugs/blood pressure on vision etc. They can also just check that your eyes are receiving the blood and nutrients they require (which explains why there is a link between low blood pressure and sight) and that there are no underlying problems.

A herd of Horsefields

Radiata- Humperdink & friends

A Bengal Kitten called Anakin
dae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #7
pixie-egg
Sub Adult

I find it bizarre that it's the same time everyday tho. What about migraine being a side effect? I suffer badly but my dad in law only gets blurred vision when he has an attack. The doc said it's cos of the med's he's on for his heart. His come whenever they choose but mine come twice a day down to the clock down last minute, have done since I was 4

I'd certainly go to an optician too. (If you can ever get out again!) x
Old 06-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

it's definitely the tablets, I wasn't getting it before I started them. it says on the side effects that it can cause it and that when taken in combination with azathioprine it can cause low blood pressure as well. I think it may start around the same time each day because I take my azathioprine at tea time - these don't cause blurred vision but cause low BP while taking the other ones. that is what I was wondering, if it was the low BP causing the blurring or the side effects from the tabs
Old 06-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
pixie-egg
Sub Adult

Well with my dad in law it's definately the tabs that cause the blurred vision. I'd go back if I was you and tell them. Might be able to get you on one that doesn't give you side effects. Or find out if it's an unrelated problem that needs looking at. I've recently spent ages trying loads of different prescriptions to find one that suits. Touch wood, not had a attack for 2 months now
Old 06-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
yuna1971
Adult

Not much of a doc Al, if he didnt see the clash with both the tablets. With one causing this blurred vision as a side effect of taking the other one. I would go back and say that this cant go on, its affecting your everyday life and I am pretty sure they will have an alternative that wont do this and bingo - no blurred vision. Hope you get it sorted and slap the doc.

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote