Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
cherylahutch
Adult

I have an egg shaped one bit on the small side if you have lots of eggs but has not let me down and was really cheap to buy x
Old 05-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
Rosey-Bear
Incubating

Is it this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucky-Rept...item2ecdc9decf

Mummy to a group of Spur thighs.

Malcolm and his hoes.
Rosey-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #13
cherylahutch
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey-Bear View Post
Yes that's the one I got mine from Swell reptiles and was not as expensive as that when I got it also came next day which was great.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
Rosey-Bear
Incubating

I will have a look, I am thinking of giving the next lot of eggs a chance.

Malcolm and his hoes.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #15
cherylahutch
Adult

It's really basic but does a great job, The main reason I got it was so it was child friendly as I wanted my children to learn from the tortoise eggs developing. they loved it and Chloe is doing life cycles this term so is doing a talk on them :0)
Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #16
Rosey-Bear
Incubating

How many eggs can you get in it, and I presume the boxes need to stay open?

Malcolm and his hoes.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #17
cherylahutch
Adult

I have 4 on one tub at the moment which is the most that I'd put in there and you can have 3 tubs but I have only used one for the eggs and one for water so far. it's only down side it that it only has one shelf if there were 2 you could have 2 tubs of eggs and still have 1 of water. it's a really small one but reliable and is silent which was a big plus for me because I couldn't stand something buzzing all the time xx
Old 22-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #18
al e tosis
Egg

I have a Lucky reptile Egg-O-Bator, had it about a year now, my torts have had 3 batches of eggs in that time, in fact, just layed one this last hour. None have ever incubated in this even though they were fertile, nine eggs and nothing. The heat never gets high enough, you are lucky if it gets to 85 degrees. I will admit I am a novice at all this, so bought this for it's simplicity, and did not seem too complicated to use
But that is what you get for skimping on the price of an incubator. I have had enough of giving this "CHILDS TOY", another chance, I am going to splash out and buy a decent well respected incubator, should of done it in the first place, maybe now I would of had 9 little torts, instead of dead eggs.
Can anyone recommend a good incubator, there are that many too choose from, and one that is fairly easy to use.
al e tosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #19
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

85F will hatch out tortoise eggs just fine, there will though be more males then females at that temperature. As long as it's between 82 and 90F it should hatch eggs that are fertile.

Danny