Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 17-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #21
CherryBrandy
Adult

your are good with your bathing levels Emma , I am a bit over cautious as I worry they don't keep their heads high enough, or out of the water!
lovely photos, real array of colours. Do you ask for a washing up bowl for Christmas !? I got a mister ! CB
Old 17-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #22
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Love all the different colour baths!
They all have their own one with names written on the side so I don't forget who it belongs to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
your are good with your bathing levels Emma , I am a bit over cautious as I worry they don't keep their heads high enough, or out of the water!
lovely photos, real array of colours. Do you ask for a washing up bowl for Christmas !? I got a mister ! CB
They all love a good soak. They just sit and chill for a bit, have a drink and then do their business. I know they've had enough when they start doing the treadmill stuff.
I've never had an issue with them not keeping their heads out the water. I suppose I've just got used to filling their baths depending on their sizes over the years.

Good old Wilko for the baths. They seem to change colour schemes a fair bit, so it's nice to have a variety.
I certainly don't ask for baths for Christmas, but I have been known to have uv lights and habba huts for Mother's Day.
Books, books and more books on my wish list, just for a change.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #23
Jan W
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Here they all are, Jan.

Thanks Emma. Love all the photos. Your bathroom looks very swish, I'm sure they appreciate it!

Lovely to look through, I'm missing my two.

Gosh, I would like more.....
Old 21-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #24
emma_mcraf
Adult

I don't think they care less about the bathroom, Jan.
It's our en-suite and I'm still pinching myself now we have one. It's bigger than the single bathroom we had in our old house!
So as the dressing room was turned into the tort room it's so convenient to set their baths up and pop them in as they're right next door.

Aww...spring will soon come and Bertie and Beatrice will be up and raring to get exploring in their huge enclosure again. I'd never dissuade anyone from getting more if they have the space. Rehoming torts has been so rewarding so if you think you could...go for it! The more the merrier!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 22-11-2017, 12:04 PM   #25
Suze65
Adult

I must say, I do like the tiles Emma

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #26
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
I must say, I do like the tiles Emma
I can't take the credit, Suze. The previous owners had the house done up to a really high spec. We literally moved in with nothing to do decorating-wise as everything is so modern and nice. It was just a case of ripping the dressing room out, getting the electrics in and fitting a new door on the room as it was a walk in dressing room and I wanted a door to maintain the ambient room temp.

That said, we did rip out half the garden to put in tortoise enclosures and the chicken run!!

Old 24-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #27
CherryBrandy
Adult

how wonderful moving into a dream house !! omg Emma did you see poldark on Children in need - even I cried and I only cry at King Kong usually. How wonderful.

And massive points to all the libraries for being able to download audio books for free ! seventh heaven. And just finished off the new Game of thrones book (in hand) set 100 years before Game of Thrones ! CB
Old 24-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #28
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
how wonderful moving into a dream house !! omg Emma did you see poldark on Children in need - even I cried and I only cry at King Kong usually. How wonderful.

And massive points to all the libraries for being able to download audio books for free ! seventh heaven. And just finished off the new Game of thrones book (in hand) set 100 years before Game of Thrones ! CB
Still pinching myself, Clare.

I saw him and those lucky ladies. Their faces were such a picture. I just thought of Suze being in their place and how we could accompany her and swoon at his Irish accent. Hardly ever heard him talk as himself.

Ooh...you're ahead of me with that book. I'm on season 4 of the drama. I'm looking forward to getting beyond he last book and seeing what the screenwriters have done. I do wonder if Mr Martin will ever complete the last two books....

Was the book on the Targaryns?

Old 29-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #29
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Still pinching myself, Clare.

I saw him and those lucky ladies. Their faces were such a picture. I just thought of Suze being in their place and how we could accompany her and swoon at his Irish accent. Hardly ever heard him talk as himself.

Ooh...you're ahead of me with that book. I'm on season 4 of the drama. I'm looking forward to getting beyond he last book and seeing what the screenwriters have done. I do wonder if Mr Martin will ever complete the last two books....

Was the book on the Targaryns?
The book was set 100 years before GOT in terms of new characters !! but the links in, especially the targaryns are always there. I am enjoying it but hasn't got the political satire, lust , gore and depravity of the other books. Bit like inviting Ragnar to tea but granny turns up with her knitting. Nice, but not what was expected.

I don't think he will write the final instalments - I think he has done it from the screenplays and they in turn will be turned into a series of books from where he left off. CB
Old 30-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #30
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
The book was set 100 years before GOT in terms of new characters !! but the links in, especially the targaryns are always there. I am enjoying it but hasn't got the political satire, lust , gore and depravity of the other books. Bit like inviting Ragnar to tea but granny turns up with her knitting. Nice, but not what was expected.

I don't think he will write the final instalments - I think he has done it from the screenplays and they in turn will be turned into a series of books from where he left off. CB
Not sure I'll race to read it then.
Taking of Ragnar, I think season 5 started in the States this week. It'll be so odd without him but I'm fascinated to see the character Jonathan Rhys Meyer plays.