Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 28-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
joanna
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfooted View Post
hi thanks for reply i have changed the tank round quite a bout to try make it beter for thm so tht cud be the problem but have booked thm in to vets for worming i think i might be trying and worrien to much
Quote:
my temps at night are bout 22c the wezzing has stoped but do here it now and agen the corner heats is bout 29ish
I would try to take a sample with you, some vets will worm without testing, but different medication is needed to treat protozoa unless your vet is willing to treat for both as a precaution. Also mention the ocasional wheezing as sometimes more than one course of antibiotics is needed to clear some infections.

Hopefully it is just down to recent changes etc. I have one here that hates any change to his enclosure, but you will be able to relax a little knowing all is well and enjoy your torts. Let us know how it goes.
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
redfooted
Egg

thanks joanna i will sort one out for when i go cud you do me one last thing lol cud you tell me your set up or show me sum pics plz
redfooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
joanna
Adult

Quote:
thanks joanna i will sort one out for when i go cud you do me one last thing lol cud you tell me your set up or show me sum pics plz
My setups are enclosed like vivs, the younger torts are in a 4x2ft viv and the older 11 x 4ft. I heat using ceramic heat bulbs these are set on a thermostat at 32c which gives an overall temp range of 25 - 30C with a hot spot 32Cish. At night I turn the thermostat down to 26C. I use uv strip lights at 5%.

Here are some pics, they aren't recent but more or less the same apart from an extension to the larger one, some different plants and lining added. This enclosure is 8ft x 4ft in these pics.

Half is planted out

There is a large tub for soaking and also a corner filled with moss providing an area of high humiditiy.

This is the smaller enclosure
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
redfooted
Egg

very nice set up im gona change mine and get it similer to yours plants and full covered top thanks for showing me got loads of ideas for mine now
redfooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
Evie
Sub Adult

Great Pictures Joanna - I must admit I do have a soft spot for Redfoots !!

I hope you get your little ones sorted redfooted.
Evie is offline   Reply With Quote