Old 08-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
CherryBrandy
Adult

Default look what the cat

dragged in...to the stealth camera...

not mine

very interested

and then the caterpillars came ...

and they invaded...hundreds of them... I think I have fed the masses this summer......

Last edited by CherryBrandy; 30-08-2017 at 06:05 PM.
CherryBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

Cabbage white caterpillars.
We popped a couple in a rub a few years ago with some nasturtium leaves and within days they'd formed their cocoons on the lid. The kids were young and loved checking each day and seeing the changes in the cocoons until the butterflies emerged and we set them free. Except for my youngest who loathes any insect!!!
If you've got walls, sheds or any building near the nasturtiums check for the cocoons appearing. Quite a fascinating process. I never bore of it; just like tadpoles to froglets.

I can't make out your camera photos - what did the cat drag in?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #3
summerangel
Hatched

Great pictures. I too would like to know what the cat dragged in
Old 13-08-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Cabbage white caterpillars.
We popped a couple in a rub a few years ago with some nasturtium leaves and within days they'd formed their cocoons on the lid. The kids were young and loved checking each day and seeing the changes in the cocoons until the butterflies emerged and we set them free. Except for my youngest who loathes any insect!!!
If you've got walls, sheds or any building near the nasturtiums check for the cocoons appearing. Quite a fascinating process. I never bore of it; just like tadpoles to froglets.

I can't make out your camera photos - what did the cat drag in?
oooh I didn't know that ! I checked and cant see any !! must be cause yours come from poldark country..way......mine are made from Vikings. I kept one on an apple for a week and it didn't fair well so think they are a little picky. I do prefer tadpoles I think Emma as at least you can see the final result and they don't eat a whole plant !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerangel View Post
Great pictures. I too would like to know what the cat dragged in
....it was sort of himself really !! sorry boring and cryptic I know....I had the camera set up in a different part of the garden and s/he did it again ! a full face staring into the lens ! I'm supposed to be capturing voles and all I get is the feline ! CB
Old 14-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #5
summerangel
Hatched

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
oooh I didn't know that ! I checked and cant see any !! must be cause yours come from poldark country..way......mine are made from Vikings. I kept one on an apple for a week and it didn't fair well so think they are a little picky. I do prefer tadpoles I think Emma as at least you can see the final result and they don't eat a whole plant !!

....it was sort of himself really !! sorry boring and cryptic I know....I had the camera set up in a different part of the garden and s/he did it again ! a full face staring into the lens ! I'm supposed to be capturing voles and all I get is the feline ! CB

Haha not boring at all. I think he likes the camera..
Old 15-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
Suze65
Adult

Is he your cat Claire, he's very handsome .

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
If you've got caterpillars you'll see the cocoons within a couple of weeks. Give them a nice nasturtium leaf to munch on and they'll be happy.
I do indeed be from this ere Poldark land, Missus. Well almost, give a mile or so!
As for you being nearer the Vikings....have you seen the last 10 episodes of season 4 yet?!
We have and well, wow!!
Season 5 is out in the autumn in the states.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
CherryBrandy
Adult

Not my cat but is always in the garden at night ! my night camera picks her up all the time and she does sit with Banjo a lot during the day if she thinks im not here , which suits me as she will keep any little rodents away.

Vikings !!! I have both DVDs now as there was part 1 & 2 series 4, and i was going to watch them in wintertime but I feel that time may be now !!! brrr ! My friend bought me a pressie back from Sweden and its a Ragnar mug !!! pride of place and bigger drinks all round !
Cuckoos calling soon too ! what a treat - the book was excellent so lot to live up to....CB
Old 19-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #9
Wyannis
Hatchling

Oooh I love Vikings! I just bought part two and am halfway through watching it. I'm hoping to watch the last disc tonight. Then I will be sad because it will be over until season 5 comes out on DVD, and that will be aaaaages.
Wyannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #10
CherryBrandy
Adult

ooh how great ! just for vol 2 in and will wait for dark evenings and a cushion to hide behind !
the garden is a mass of butterflies...cant find the cocoons Emma so either they are coming to lay or they have evolved !!! I have never had so many and funny thing is the nasturtiums have faired so well this year so think the big Cat ..er pillars have eaten them all? ..this weather is depressing.... CB