Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Old 26-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #41
Anyfoot
Incubating

Thanks, this would make sense, I set the BMW one up. Dont know where the iPhone came from, cause I've got a Google phone, maybe it categorizes all smart phones under iPhone and I've somehow created 2 accounts. Drrrrr
I'll go back and look, ontop of this the wifi is shocking over here and the photo bucket software keeps locking up on me. Frustrated is not the word. Lol.
It's the 1st time ever my holiday is dragging. Need to get home to torts. All 31 of them. Hee hee hee
Thank you all for being patient. Believe it or not I work with computers everyday. Doing cad and cnc programming. Stupid phones, I'll get the hang of it one day.

P.s. don't ever buy a Google phone, absolute nightmare, bloody thing upgrades twice a week, can't keep up. Right that's my moan over for today. Haha.
It was 41° here yesterday, they've forecast a heatwave for tomorrow, I'll say that again. They've forecast a heat wave tomorrow, what the ____ do they think 41° is. Oh well, I'll keep cool on the inside.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Anyfoot; 26-07-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Anyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #42
emma_mcraf
Adult

Rather you than me...that's too hot!!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday and I'm sure you'll soon get the hang of things on your phone. I'm a nightmare and not tech-savvy at all. No smartphones for me. I like my desktop PC rather than laptop or tablet too. I think I'm high-tech just by having a wireless keyboard and mouse!! The kids despair.

I'm sure you'll get loads of photos on once you're home. Looking forward to seeing them.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #43
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyfoot View Post
Thanks Suze. It all sounds straight forward and should be. But.
Once I have selected the photo and enlarged it, then click the photo again, the drop down menu does not give the options you are saying I've tried various ways to copy and paste, but the SW software does not recognise it as an image when pasted in.
I'm confused, why are you clicking on the photo again ? Once you have selected the photo and it comes up large, don't click on it again, a menu should be at the side of it, click on the IMG ,

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #44
Anyfoot
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
I'm confused, why are you clicking on the photo again ? Once you have selected the photo and it comes up large, don't click on it again, a menu should be at the side of it, click on the IMG ,
When I click on the small photo to select the photo I want, it enlargers that photo to the size of the screen with nothing else on the screen but that photo. I'm not seeing the IMG you guys keep talking about. So then if I click the enlarged photo I get a drop out list with four options on it. One of these options is copy, but when I use this copy option it copies the entire URL of that photo library. I'll go back and look again. Thanks Suze. Are you doing it on a phone or computer?
Old 26-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #45
Anyfoot
Incubating

Yeah, at last.

This photo is showing the 2 new arrivals I've had whilst away, and also one I had to split from the original 10. 9 of them weighed 28 to 32g. This guy at the top still only weighed 19g that he was born at. I got my oldest daughter to weigh him a few days ago and he was 21g. So splitting him gave him a weight gain of 2g in approx 5 days. hopefully he will be ok now. He was eating before though, so was this a sign of him getting stressed out with the others, even at such a young age. He also was constantly trying to get out of the enclosure with the other 9. It's all good stuff, all we can do is watch and learn.

Last edited by Anyfoot; 26-07-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 26-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #46
Anyfoot
Incubating

This is a photo of the upper tier above the caves I built. You can only see about half, which is the half I split to house my 3 juvenile reds. On the right you can see a window I built into the cave wall on upper tier. This is on the adults side, hoping I can get eggs in there and watch them hatch naturally. I probed 6" deep behind the window and its a constant 28.5/29°c , so should be good.
Old 26-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #47
Anyfoot
Incubating

Just incase anyone else struggles loading photos from photo bucket via a phone I'll explain what I did.

Open the photo album in photobucket your photo is in, click on the photo you want so it enlargers(at this point you can scroll left or right to any desired photo within this album). Then click 'share'. Then click 'find link'. Then scroll down and copy the IMG address. Then go to the SW post and paste address in. Walla, your photo is in SW. When you click 'submit reply', the photo will go from text format to an actual image.
Old 26-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #48
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
When I click on the small photo to select the photo I want, it enlargers that photo to the size of the screen with nothing else on the screen but that photo. I'm not seeing the IMG you guys keep talking about. So then if I click the enlarged photo I get a drop out list with four options on it. One of these options is copy, but when I use this copy option it copies the entire URL of that photo library. I'll go back and look again. Thanks Suze. Are you doing it on a phone or computer?
Oh I see, I'm on my iPad , on safari , not an app. That is a problem 😟 now I'm all out of ideas 😕

Old 26-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #49
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Just incase anyone else struggles loading photos from photo bucket via a phone I'll explain what I did.

Open the photo album in photobucket your photo is in, click on the photo you want so it enlargers(at this point you can scroll left or right to any desired photo within this album). Then click 'share'. Then click 'find link'. Then scroll down and copy the IMG address. Then go to the SW post and paste address in. Walla, your photo is in SW. When you click 'submit reply', the photo will go from text format to an actual image.
You did it 😃

Old 27-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #50
CherryBrandy
Adult

brilliant photos ! put them on picture thread too as lots of new people look there for inspiration too I think,
I don't think i've seen serrated edges on a shell before and I thought Marginated won the prize for most beautiful skirts ! CB

Tags
flintus