Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 13-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
kkenny
Sub Adult

Default charity - Samaritan's Purse, shoe box appeal

This is only for those who enjoy Chistmas presents as it is a charity plug so sorry to those not interested
I am supporting the Samaritan's Purse appeal, this charity wanting shoe boxes wrapped in Christmas paper filled with presents for a child much less fortunate that those in this country.

this is the link.-

http://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/

I am asking if you would put some items in a medium size shoe box with goodies for a child to receive at Christmas. It could be a boy or girl, ages are :- 2-4yrs or 5-9yrs or 10-14yrs old (if you would state your prefernce that would be helpful). These boxes will be sorted and check by officials of the Christmas Child Charity and given to children in Arfican counties or to the very need Belarus.

My offer is that I will pay your postage plus £2. All you have to do is fill a box and let me know how much it cost you to post (UK only) I can do paypay or post a cheque to you on receipt of your box. Or for thoese understandable caustious I can forward you the leaflet that you can stick on the box for you to delivery yourself to your local area free of charge.

Please please help this cause. Could you imagin Christmas without presents??

My address can be PM to you. I have been advised not to show my address sorry.

As I said, I will give £2 plus the postage cost.

Thanks for considering this very worthy cause.

Spartacus, THB, March 2013
Henry, THB, July 2008

Last edited by kkenny; 14-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.
kkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
zx4g
Hatchling

Thank you for posting this, we do this each year through local school, it's not Christmas for me with out the giving
Old 13-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

This is a wonderful cause. I have a local drop off point and will be filling a couple of boxes for a girl and a boy. Christmas is for children and it gives me great pleasure to know I can help other children receive a present they wouldn't otherwise get. I get so much enjoyment watching my own children open their presents on Christmas Day. It breaks my heart remembering all those children so much less fortunate.
Thanks for sharing Karin.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote