Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Events/Meetings

Old 16-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
tortydat
Sub Adult

Default BCG Symposium in Milton Keynes

Is anyone going to this event tomorrow besides Gordon and I?
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

Have a lovely time you two.
I’ll be enjoying coffee and cake with one of my sons and the rest of my clan as it’s his 20th tomorrow.
Some of the talks look interesting. Would be great to hear which you find most interesting.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Have a lovely time you two.
I’ll be enjoying coffee and cake with one of my sons and the rest of my clan as it’s his 20th tomorrow.
Some of the talks look interesting. Would be great to hear which you find most interesting.
Have a good time with your son Emma and we'll tell you all about it later. Hope we don't get too much snow enroute!
Old 17-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Have a good time with your son Emma and we'll tell you all about it later. Hope we don't get too much snow enroute!
We’ve got the snow falling down here now so hope you got there safely and get home without any disruption. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Coffee, cake and the Six Nations here today. Chester’s been walked so no venturing outside for me! I’m going to stay put and enjoy watching it from the window.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 17-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
Jan W
Sub Adult

Travel safely!
Old 17-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #6
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Is anyone going to this event tomorrow besides Gordon and I?
I know and I am really jealous! - I saw it advertised and it looks really good - maybe next year. have fun and tell us all about it .Hope you have a comfy ride !!

Tied up but in time for Ruggers too Emma !! yaaaah CB
Old 17-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #7
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
I know and I am really jealous! - I saw it advertised and it looks really good - maybe next year. have fun and tell us all about it .Hope you have a comfy ride !!

Tied up but in time for Ruggers too Emma !! yaaaah CB
Not a bad day for weather like this, is it?!

Old 17-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #8
tortydat
Sub Adult

Well we had a great day and Wilber got us there and back safely and in the warm. It snowed most of the day but didn't settle fortunately. Gordon, myself and Lisa (who runs the Wiltshire Tortoise Group) went and we enjoyed very interesting and informative talks on their work in Africa by John and Margaret Cooper and his work on sea turtle research with the aid of drones by Alan Rees. Matthew Readle spoke on Redfoots in Peru which was rather sad as many are taken for food with their eggs sold hard boiled as a cheap snack. Martin Whitehead spoke on the welfare of reptiles and the day concluded with a talk on the ability of tortoises to learn skills by Anna Wilkinson and Oliver Burman. It was also an opportunity to meet up with lots of fellow hobbyists who come from all over the country.
Old 17-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #9
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Well we had a great day and Wilber got us there and back safely and in the warm. It snowed most of the day but didn't settle fortunately. Gordon, myself and Lisa (who runs the Wiltshire Tortoise Group) went and we enjoyed very interesting and informative talks on their work in Africa by John and Margaret Cooper and his work on sea turtle research with the aid of drones by Alan Rees. Matthew Readle spoke on Redfoots in Peru which was rather sad as many are taken for food with their eggs sold hard boiled as a cheap snack. Martin Whitehead spoke on the welfare of reptiles and the day concluded with a talk on the ability of tortoises to learn skills by Anna Wilkinson and Oliver Burman. It was also an opportunity to meet up with lots of fellow hobbyists who come from all over the country.
Thanks for that feedback, Mary. It sounds like a full and interesting day.
So pleased you got there and back safely, and in Wilber too!

Old 18-03-2018, 07:43 AM   #10
Gordon
Adult

It was a very interesting day and I learned a thing or two you can't beat talking and listening to other people to extend your knowledge😊😊😊
As for the snow the only problem was when I was nearly home it was snowing so hard I had to slow right down to 15 mph as I couldn't see and it was starting to settle.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote