Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 15-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
anna m
Adult

Thumbs down dentist

How does everyone feel about their dentist? I am scared to go back to mine since he removed one tooth and left me suffering with a dry socket and an untreated infected skull. Dentists bring me nothing but pain and I have suffered a lot of bad dentists too. Good one's are very rare.
anna m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
helen1
Sub Adult

I have an excellent dentist...kind patient gentle and very easy going...plus very good at his job.

I have IV valium as he realised after 40 yrs of dentists despairing of me that this would be an excellent solution...it worked and I am no longer afraid...I too had numerous awful dental experiences
Old 15-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
babytort
Hatched

well im not registered with a dentist.but went to the dental school today for a fine scrape n polish.
mmm yes a dental student hacking/poking at my mouth for 1 and a half hours.and i need to go back for a filling after the hols
well i suppose they have to learn some how.
really it wasnt an option though,ive been on the NHS waiting list for 2 years now amongst 30 000 other people waiting to be registered.
they have opened a new dental school here and some of the people on the NHS waiting list can have the option to get treatment there.it does take longer and may need more appointments(ive had 4 so far)but its free.
i must admit the student has done a good job so far,as for the tooth filling,well im trying not to think about it

3 spur thighed,2 moggies,1 daughter,1 husband
babytort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
lisa
Hatched

Mine is fantastic but private so costs and absolute fortune. So nice and not hurried but when your paying for it it should be as plesent as possible, telly in the ceiling relaxing music.

lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
Star
Sub Adult

My new dentists is the devil in disguise After having treatment from her, I seemed to have to go in at least every two/three weeks for more work, she put a filling in which she never capped, and wouldnt cap, and each time it degraded I had to go back

I kept getting an abscess the size of a tennis ball, for a good year, she said she had taken all the roots out and couldn't understand why it was so bad, in the end I went to the hospital and the doctor was horrified at the work she had done, he said she had left a root in and could have caused permanent damage.

I haven't been back to her (not surprising), and its put the fear of god into me, but I am lucky that she didnt damage my nerves.

Good dentists dont seem to come by so easily but the best bet is to ask around. I only ended up with the she devil , because I had recently moved and didnt know about her treatment, but after inquires I found a good dentist and learn about all the bodged jobs she had done.
0.5.0. Playful T.H.H / T.H.B
11 Tropical Fish
1 Bearded Lizard
Lots of Aspirin
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Mrs Frog
Adult

I am scared of the dentist too.I will do anything to get out of going,usually I put it off but go in the end as I want my children to not be afraid.It is the whole experience,the noise on the pavement,when you hear the drill,the waiting room,the smell,everything yuck,toothache is the worst pain though so you must all go.I dont like it as once he made me wipe my lipstick off and I am too scary without makeup
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
linda
Adult

my dentist is a good one

i love it after ive had a scrape and polish i feel lovely and fresh
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
Hazel
Juvenile

My dentist is good, but he is known as the Butcher (not just by me!)...I come out of there bleeding and have to try and detach my mind from my body during the scaling/polishing so I don't cry
Teeth feel nice though!
Old 15-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
anna m
Adult

I have so many problems I can't aford to go private. I had a great dentist in Bognor. I went every month to dentists in Portmouth and this was a waste of time. All they did was laugh at me till I cried
anna m is offline   Reply With Quote