Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 30-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Star
Sub Adult

Unhappy My tummy hurts :(

Does anyone ever get a swollen tummy and a tummy upset? Ever since I can remember, on occasions my tummy gets really tender and swells out to the point that I look pregnant

I don't know what starts it of, or why its like this. It doesn't happen loads, but when it does its soOOooOOOoOOOoOOooo painful and almost brings me to tears

The only way to make it better is by laying on it and sleeping. By the morning it seems to have passed.

I thought I would ask because someone out there might know a good cure.
0.5.0. Playful T.H.H / T.H.B
11 Tropical Fish
1 Bearded Lizard
Lots of Aspirin
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Helen M
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Helen M
Wink

Sounds like some kind of water retention. I get something a bit less severe when its my time of the month. I did try some water retention tablets (in a blue and yellow box) from the herbal shop which did help with the bloating.

Usually your advised to drink plenty of water as a way to reduce it.

Helen xx
Helen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
kreacher
Sub Adult

My brother in law used to get that and it turned out he had a wheat and mild lactose allergy...does it happen in a pattern when you eat a certain thing or anything? Hope you feel better soon
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Neddy
Sub Adult

I would recommend a trip to your doctor Star! He can do test to find out what causes it etc

Hope you feel better soon
Neddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
pagan queen
Adult

Sounds like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. Visit your GP to get it sorted out ASAP.
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
SeeShell
Adult

Yeh - I know someone with IBS and I too thought it sounded a bit similar. Hope you get it sorted out soon.
SS
SeeShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

you need to get it seen to, there are loads of possibilities, some of them very serious. I have crohns and it doesn't sound like it will be that but there are other types of inflammatory bowel disease which can be brought on by a variety of things. Alcohol is worst but tea and coffee can trigger it. Grumbling appendix is another one. Doctors say it's IBS when they don't know what it is, they told me that for 15 years before I was eventually diagnosed with crohns. I had been telling them for years it wasn't IBS
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
Star
Sub Adult

Hi guys,
Thanks everyone for your comments, I do try to drink loads of water, so I am not sure if that would help

IBS was something I thought about a long time ago, but every time I mention it to my Doc, he seems to think its not that and maybe stress?

Alan, your feedback worries me Since I was around 10/11 these symptoms started. They are so painful to the point where the swelling has hurt so much I have cried for hours, until I have fallen asleep.

I will go back to the Docs and hopefully they can send me for some sort of tests.

Thanks again guys, I am going to go bed to try and sleep this away xx
0.5.0. Playful T.H.H / T.H.B
11 Tropical Fish
1 Bearded Lizard
Lots of Aspirin
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
tartaruga amore
Sub Adult

my mother suffered something simular when i was a child, it use to happen every time she got upset, she would end up huge and it would take a couple of days to go away, the cure in the 60's was quite drastic, but it did work

if your GP is not helpful, then go to another GP
tartaruga amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Stress is a major cause of IBS. It can cause the bowel to go into cramps, large sections of it can go solid just like when you get cramp anywhere else. It is a 22 ft long muscle.

You can buy or get prescriptions for Colpmermin capsules which is just peppermint oil and that relaxes the muscle. Also there is Merbentyl which is a chemical based prescription only drug that does the same. They didn't work in my case because I was wrongly diagnosed

Don't read the internet about what it could be or you will go nuts, there are millions of possibilities with the same type of symptoms.

Just remembered, my mate's daughter was getting symptons like yours every now and then and though I don't know what they diagnosed, he told me that the docs explained it as being like a migraine but in the stomach (or abdomin I suppose). I expect it was IBS they diagnosed
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote