Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 25-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #11
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Not my cat but is always in the garden at night ! my night camera picks her up all the time and she does sit with Banjo a lot during the day if she thinks im not here , which suits me as she will keep any little rodents away.

Vikings !!! I have both DVDs now as there was part 1 & 2 series 4, and i was going to watch them in wintertime but I feel that time may be now !!! brrr ! My friend bought me a pressie back from Sweden and its a Ragnar mug !!! pride of place and bigger drinks all round !
Cuckoos calling soon too ! what a treat - the book was excellent so lot to live up to....CB
Have you watched it yet? So good! Love the Ragnar mug. Bet you cradle it between your hands every day. How lovely to warm your hands up on Ragnar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyannis View Post
Oooh I love Vikings! I just bought part two and am halfway through watching it. I'm hoping to watch the last disc tonight. Then I will be sad because it will be over until season 5 comes out on DVD, and that will be aaaaages.
I know, it's addictive isn't it? At least they're continuing with further seasons and I'm looking forward to seeing how Jonathan Rhys Mayer's character enfolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
ooh how great ! just for vol 2 in and will wait for dark evenings and a cushion to hide behind !
the garden is a mass of butterflies...cant find the cocoons Emma so either they are coming to lay or they have evolved !!! I have never had so many and funny thing is the nasturtiums have faired so well this year so think the big Cat ..er pillars have eaten them all? ..this weather is depressing.... CB
I found lots up near the soffits. They're quite easy to miss, especially when close to opening up as the cocoons look almost transparent and you know it's time for the butterflies to emerge.
My nasturtiums did okay and we've not had blackfly this year. The sweet peas have been dismal!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 08:19 PM   #12
Stellanne
Hatchling

When I was a child.......I thought that was why mum grew nasturtiums.......so we could collect the caterpillars...... where do they go to cacoon and develop into butterflies x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #13
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Have you watched it yet? So good! Love the Ragnar mug. Bet you cradle it between your hands every day. How lovely to warm your hands up on Ragnar!!

I know, it's addictive isn't it? At least they're continuing with further seasons and I'm looking forward to seeing how Jonathan Rhys Mayer's character enfolds.
!
I didn't know that !! he was brilliant in the Tudors !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellanne View Post
When I was a child.......I thought that was why mum grew nasturtiums.......so we could collect the caterpillars...... where do they go to cacoon and develop into butterflies x
I didn't know that either !! The garden is amass with white cabbage ones..... and hundreds of caterpillars still...are there other butterflies that land there ? I am loving it ..some have seeded in the shingle too and I never knew they could grow so big ...the bees are around them all the time , its wonderful. I also have some pink dandelion seeds growing...?!

really enjoyed looking for the cocoons also but nothing !? I wonder if other bugs have eaten them...im going on a hunt today as got some time !
will keep you posted ! CB
Old 27-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #14
Gordon
Adult

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bVdI6laTOXI
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #15
emma_mcraf
Adult

Hmmm....I think the Vikings you like to watch are a little different to the rest of us, G. Last time I called you I recall you were sat watching Spongebob, so you must love your cartoons, bless your little cotton socks.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote