Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
emma_mcraf
Adult

Default Meet Chester

The other new addition to the family this year is Chester, my youngest son's therapy dog. He has brought so much love into the home and is adored by us all. The difference he has made to my son is incredible.

Here is Chester when he'd just arrived in the world:

This is him at 5 weeks old when we went to officially choose him and thus began our bonding weekly sessions until he came to live with us three weeks later:

The summer was full of puppy cuddles:

He's growing into a gorgeous dog. His colour has lightened with each trim and he will remain this gorgeous 'clotted cream' colour as the breeder likes to call it.

8 months ago my son was terrified of dogs. Now the pair of them are inseparable.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
CherryBrandy
Adult

oh no ! we want to see the fluff ball ! resend them, or he is in hiding incognito CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
The other new addition to the family this year is Chester, my youngest son's therapy dog. He has brought so much love into the home and is adored by us all. The difference he has made to my son is incredible.

Here is Chester when he'd just arrived in the world:

This is him at 5 weeks old when we went to officially choose him and thus began our bonding weekly sessions until he came to live with us three weeks later:

The summer was full of puppy cuddles:

He's growing into a gorgeous dog. His colour has lightened with each trim and he will remain this gorgeous 'clotted cream' colour as the breeder likes to call it.

8 months ago my son was terrified of dogs. Now the pair of them are inseparable.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #3
Suze65
Adult

Oh how wonderful , he's gorgeous and very appropriately clotted cream colour, seeing as you're in Devon . And so lovely for your son, I'm sure they will have a long and wonderful bond.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
CherryBrandy
Adult

soooooo cute ! I bet he rules your house and has you all wrapped round his little claws!

Lovely photos, CB
Old 05-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
Jan W
Sub Adult

Emma - Chester is just so wonderful and cute.

I am really envious as we are still without a dog. It has taken us a long time to get over our last one.

Is Chester a cockerpoo?

He is adorable.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
Emma - Chester is just so wonderful and cute.

I am really envious as we are still without a dog. It has taken us a long time to get over our last one.

Is Chester a cockerpoo?

He is adorable.
He's a Shichon, Jan. Shi Tzu x Bichon. They're known as Teddy Bear dogs in the states but are well known for being therapy dogs due to their excellent temperament and intelligence. He's just the right size - not so small to get trodden on. He's about fully grown now.

Are you hoping to have another dog, Jan? They really do mean so much don't they. X

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 06-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #7
Jan W
Sub Adult

Emma I have never heard of a Shichon, but have fallen for Chester. Yes he does look like a little teddy bear.

We are definitely going to have another dog after our holiday early 2018. I wanted to have a rescue dog this time but my husband is against this as two sets of friends have had problems with theirs. One spent a fortune on a dog psychologist.... However, I don't need too much persuading as a puppy is just so much fun - and work!

Really enjoyed looking at the pictures again. Thank you.

Will do a bit of research now.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

I'd never heard of a Shichon either until I discovered how good they are as therapy dogs. One of Chester's litter mates went to be a therapy dog in a special school and another went to a family with an autistic child. They're great little pups to have. Chester slept through the night from the first night. Hubby gets up at 5:45am so he'd take him outside then. He's past the chewing stage and although he's a bouncy ball of puppy fun still, he's maturing into a lively dog.
Let me know if you need the breeder's name. She isn't in Devon so possibly would be within your range of travel. Others in the litter went to Coventry, London and she had an enquiry from Guernsey. They're quite sought after which surprised me but it's the temperament and clever ability that makes them special little dogs. She doesn't overbreed and she rescues all sorts of lovely animals. Plus the parents of the litter and ones she's kept from previous litters are there and are so gorgeous.
Anyway, just pm me if you ever want me to contact her to ask her to make contact with you when/if she has any litters next year. x

Old 09-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #9
CherryBrandy
Adult

Chester is a sweetie, all puppies are sweeties. Dachshund long hair puppies and pug puppies are sooo adorable! I use to go to Crufts and the difference between intelligence in dogs is amazing - anything with four paws and fur gets my vote though. CB
Old 09-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

I was bitten by a Dachshund as a child so I'm not so keen on them anymore but my 17 year old has adored pugs for a very long time and I have no doubt he'll have one as soon as he can.
We've met some lovely dogs on our walks and seen some breeds that don't seem so popular anymore - An Irish wolfhound, Basset Hound and Whippet. At the vets we met an old English Sheepdog 'Dulex'. I can remember standard poodles, setters and dalmations a lot as a kid but they're rarely seen now.

Hope your doggies are keeping well, Clare? x