Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #21
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Thank you for the kind words emma.

Going back to the breeder/dealer their set up looks good and I would give my right arm to have something half as good and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. But the amount of eggs they are bragging about they must have an awful lot of tortoises which must cost a fortune to feed and look after properly.
It's alright - you can pay me later.

The set up does look good and I should think so too with what they're probably making from all those hatchlings.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #22
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Just shows they don't know you then, G.
People can be single-minded and we all know there have been members on here who have specifically started threads only to goad people into controversial debates and then lash out at them.
You're not a dealer and certainly not a bully. There's enough of us here who know you personally so if people want to throw their toys out the pram, let them. Speak your truth and your beliefs on here. It may not achieve anything and people miss your point entirely but it's always better to be honest with your opinions than keep quiet.
Don't sit on the fence or you'll get splinters in your backside.
But mainly, I think there are a lot of us who know you're not only experienced with breeding and husbandry, but have a passion for it that far outweighs financial gain. So we appreciate your opinions and advice.
I completely agree, those of us who know you, have a great deal of respect for your knowledge and the time you spend on understanding your animals , and often we look to you for advice and help ( and you have helped me a great deal) . I get fed up generally these days with many different issues, nowadays it seems you can't speak your opinions about anything without being shouted down, as if to say how very dare you have an opinion that isn't going along with everyone else. That aside, I do understand how you feel Gordon, I've seen those posts, I had some similar problems on some FB groups, so I left ! But let's not be put off from speaking what we feel is the truth. As Emma has said , let them throw their toys out of the pram.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #23
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Thank you for the kind words emma.

Going back to the breeder/dealer their set up looks good and I would give my right arm to have something half as good and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. But the amount of eggs they are bragging about they must have an awful lot of tortoises which must cost a fortune to feed and look after properly.
yes don't get me wrong it would be heaven to breed lovely tortoises, what a joy and responsibility. I'd love it and think the breeders do a fantastic job. my dream would be a UK Tortoise village like in France ...and a beautiful breeding programme to give something back, but I don't see this with Tortoise King here - perhaps I am wrong but where is the educational programme...giving back...rescue / sanctuary.

If it was 5000 puppies in the back yard being bred even with adequate care, great set up would we feel the same? I think I would - it just doesn't sit easy.

And Gordon - wouldn't the world be the worse if we didn't have those debates (even in gang dam style - I remember one). Never hold back , everyone has a right to opinion its how others receive it and debate it back and we all know who the gurus are on here....CB
Old 15-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #24
Jan W
Sub Adult

When I first looked at the article it sounded great and then as you read on it is so obvious it is about making money.

I am surprised he was happy to promote his business. It was interesting that more than one person posted comments about 'inviting burglars'!