Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #61
Stellanne
Hatchling

As dreadful as it all is you have to ask yourself how many Isis members are sneaking through on the back of being 'refugees'. It is well documented that they plan to get into Europe to continue their cause, so we have to ask how long will it be before dreadful things are happening on our high streets. As Daryn says......why is it mostly men that we see, and yes it was heart wrenching to see the body of a child picked up on a beach..... But thinking outside the box, what better publicity to tug at the hearts of caring nations. X x x. Hugs x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:00 AM   #62
Pussygalore
Adult

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks I wouldn't have let me or mine get into a blow up boat and expect to reach the other side of a stretch of sea, so why on earth do these people and pay for the privilege. For heavens sake they could buy themselves a proper boat with the money they are paying, and wouldn't the majority of us simply move to where its safe in our own country then move back again when you can. I think instead of taking more in the army should be sent to where the trouble is to help sort the country out but I also think that many of the refugees simply don't want to live there anymore and want to come to the land of milk and honey and wouldn't stay in their own country even if it was safe to do so. We can't look after our own poor/elderly etc so can't see how we can even hope to cope with that amount of people also making a drain on our stretched resources. I watched the programmes on the tv last night and to be honest having seen so many dead and dying children and adults over the years in Africa, without sounding horrible, wasn't as moved as many others just terrified of what this country will be like if they all come here. To take them in isn't just a short term answer but one that would affect us all in the furture and how many would accept loosing their jobs in favour of a migrant or have to fight for a house or loose benefits should they ever need to use the system to live, and aren't there already many elderly or poor that have to choose between heat or food, they can't have any less help but if we have to provide, us the ones that work, for many more won't it mean a cut in the small amount of money many of our poor or elderly receive and even more on an already over stretched welfare system. We will have no countryside if that many more houses have to be built, over crowded schools, even a lack of food and water which we're already having a struggle to provide, we certainly won't be a land of milk and honey then and I'm glad I'm of an age that I won't be around to see the worst of whats to come.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 05-09-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #63
Daryn
Hatchling

As has already been said this is a massive security risk, we dont know anything about these people, who they are, what they have done in the past etc.

Its such a hard thing to think about and I dont have the answer although again what has already been said, send the troops in from every EU country and get this isis destroyed and broken once and for all, give them poor people their home back and they wont feel the need to move on.

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #64
yuna1971
Adult

Sending in the troops would have to be given the ok by parliament first. The planning of this sort of an operation could take months or longer. I would also think (I don't know for sure), but we would be crazy to go into this sort of country against very dangerous terrorists such as ISIS by ourselves. The risks would be huge. If this sort of operation does happen, I would think we'll need the help of other countries (which means them getting their parliament or administration's ok to go in). Like I said, this could take months to plan.
I also don't know the answer but maybe all the EU just setting up refugee camps would be the only way to monitor and handle who comes here...after that, I don't know.
The Germans are doing their bit...maybe all the other EU countries need to follow suite as a temporary measure to plug the flow. However, I don't think the solution is an easy one either way. xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:43 AM   #65
Pussygalore
Adult

most of the European countries are far bigger and often have less population than us, we don't have the room or facilties for many more and that should be taken into account. I also think that there's a 'central' force made up from the different countries that can go into war zones etc if needed, I thought I read something about that may well be whats going to happen. Once their countries are safe they should have to go back and help given to them there to set up again not over here, if they want to come here after that then they should have to apply through the right channels ie have money and a job to come to similar to Australia etc.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote