Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 30-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #31
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
No I don't think it is any good you can have a fence or a wall miles long as a barrier but it won't stop a thing unless the people on the other side follow up on what they say.
This government is to soft we see it time and time again the catch someone in a lorry and what do they do let them go to try again do they do that in other countries no.
We have to stop it at the source and let these people know that the whole bloody human rights thing will not wash any more in Britain.
In this day and age we should not be allowing people to be killed and driven out of their homes the people who do this need to be delt with.
I agree Gordon, the Human Rights Act is a joke! The government need to step up and deal with this as a matter of urgency. The NHS is on its knees and a lot of that has to be due to the sheer amount of immigrants using our free medical service.
I'm not pro-war but I really can't understand why European countries, America and Australia haven't formed an alliance to go in and wipe the terrorists out. I know it's all very easy to say and the reality of creating a taskforce like that must be logistically difficult but I can't understand why the world is sitting back and watching this happen.
The time for being 'politically correct' has gone. This is going to be an ongoing problem and will get worse unless it's dealt with. The immigrants will keep coming regardless of whether they are refugees or just benefit seekers, and as Wendy explained, it has a massive impact on our businesses.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #32
sandy
Adult

well I live in Kent, and we have had lots of different languages spoken for a long while. Until France stops immigrants comming in on their borders, it will continue. We also need to help by inforcing our borders too. But if they didnt get into France in the first place they wouldnt be there.
I am more concerned at not being able to get around my area because of the thousands of lorries parked on the M20. And all the smaller lanes and roads being clogged because of this.
I live near Maidstone, which is a fair distance from Dover, but it affects this area and surrounding areas really badly. Thankfully at the moment the children are off school, otherwise it would be twice as bad.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #33
pagan queen
Adult

Let me set the record straight a wee bit here. There are fences, very high fences with razor wire. These are massive secure fences but they are n match for wire cutters and determination. Fences were being reinforced when hubby was last over there, he's got 2 weeks leave now. The French are doing nothing to stop these people. In some cases they are ignoring them as they run through the borders and on to lorries etc, some might even say they are encouraging them. A man on the local news was saying how he was transporting a huge cement mixer, industrial size. He asked the French police to check inside to see if there were any immigrants hiding there, they had a look and waved him through. When he reached the uk the police here checked and there were several people inside. The man is being fined for allowing them in. The French don't want them any more than we do. There are organised traffickers in France, helping people into the country. It's appalling, our country can't take much more.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #34
Daryn
Hatchling

Its a headache for the French TBH. I tried to find a video clip on line that I watched about 6 months ago. The Calais Mayor blamed Britain for the troubles and not doing much to help the French border side. They blamed Britain because we are a soft touch, they interviewed migrants who openly admitted this.

All thats needed is a change in the law regarding hand outs and help or should I say lack of help, everyone knows they can come here and get help but its getting harder now and the NHS is at bursting point.

Stop giving hand outs, make sure these countries know this by advertising it and the people wont make the pilgrimage to the UK its that simple.

If you look on youtube their are videos of migrants in Rome, when interviewed they openly tell you if they knew Rome/Greece didnt give you help they would never have ,eft their own country, they say they were better off where they were, this tells a story.

Now a bit of a flip side to all this.............

I had a passenger in my car last weekend who has lived in the UK for 7 years, he told me he was not allowed to learn how to read or write, it was forbidden, he paid on debt $45,000 for a Romanian passport and documents and flight tickets, he said he could not speak English but flew into Heathrow and waited to be turned away, he said they let him through with all this fake ID, he couldnt beliebve his luck, he eventually was allowed to work after 8months being an asylum seeker and worked in a Italian retaurant in Sunderland.

His aim was to learn English and become a chef, he spent 4 years cleaning dishes and toilets and paying this debt off, after 4 years they let him work in the kitchens making pizzas he is now a qualified chef payed all his debt off and pays his taxes, he said now he lives in the safety of this country he no longer needs to pretend to be a muslim and can now be a christian without persecution .

Its stories like this that make you feel bad for the way we think of these people but it is a massive security risk, yes this guy seems genuine but how many others are not genuine well according to this guy alot of them or not genuine and come over here to make unrest and terror.

Its a hard one to call but I think all the problems need to be sorted out at the border first, the softly soft approach needs sorting out and this needs to get to the refugees, how the hell did this guy just walk through an airport on these false identities and how many others have done the same.

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #35
Daryn
Hatchling

Found the French blaming uk for being soft video and I have to say they have a point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgudYCJmkEU

Old 30-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #36
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
Found the French blaming uk for being soft video and I have to say they have a point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgudYCJmkEU
How do they have a point? The law states that refugees should seek asylum in the country next to them. France should send them back to the country they came from. In fact the whole system isn't working, they should be stopped as soon as they enter a country that is not their neighbour and turned back. I'm sorry but it's not anything to do with us, it's the failure to uphold the agreement laid down to deal with refugees.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #37
Gordon
Adult

Also a lot of them are not being forced out of their countries they are just coming over for money to send back home.
And it's not even just the people trying to get in from France, there is a lady in her 50s who lives next door to me she is a live in carer for a lady in her 90s she gets all her meals acomidation a BMW to drive around in for free so what does she do with her wages she sends them back to her family in South Africa to me that doesn't seem right.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #38
yuna1971
Adult

To be honest and just my opinion and it might be a bit hard but....I doubt the French would really lose any sleep on the ones that get through and on their merry way to the UK. Are they doing enough? Probably not. But I wonder if really they care THAT much as it's not scrambling trying to infiltrate their country and stay there is it. And no....I have nothing against the French but I just wonder if it's a bit like 'well it's your problem now they are in your country, you deal with it'
As I said before....it's a right mess. xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #39
Daryn
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
How do they have a point? The law states that refugees should seek asylum in the country next to them. France should send them back to the country they came from. In fact the whole system isn't working, they should be stopped as soon as they enter a country that is not their neighbour and turned back. I'm sorry but it's not anything to do with us, it's the failure to uphold the agreement laid down to deal with refugees.
The way I look at it is if stories get over to these people that if they enter Britain you will get lots of help, you can work, you get shelter and free medical help, Im sorry but yes obviously they will try their best to make that final hop here, why else go to all that trouble according to these people we are the holy grail of European countries to come too.

If they just wanted to get away from their own country to a country of safety then I'm sure they would be a happy to stay in Greece, France, Italy etc but they dont they all make their way through these countries to get to the UK. I would do it if I was in their boots TBH but if I heard their is nothing for you when you get to the UK, no financial help no free medical help I dont think I would try to make it them extra 1000s miles.

France cannot afford to round up 1000's of people and simply post them back to where they came from, is it legal for starters, I know they have to stay in the country they land in or be sent back but Im not sure of the exact legal issues involved.

I really believe it is our country to blame for the trouble's in Calais on this basis. One last hop to the promised land of milk and honey and obviously word is getting back to them that this is the way it is.

Old 30-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #40
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

There are some places in the world where they'd be taken away and never seen again
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote