Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 29-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
clanks76
Hatched

Default Is it Normal?

I give sandra a bath every night. Afterwards dry her off and let her have a wander around the living room, she always ends back up on the sofa with me. I have a big blanket throw thing for the sofa and each nite she goes to sleep lying on my lap with the blanket over her.

Of course I love that she's comfortable around me but was unsure that this is normal tort behaviour

My hubby thinks i've turned into a crazy tort lady lol
clanks76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
em7070
Hatched

Awwww that sounds ever so sweet Clanks! I've only had my new tort 2 weeks and is only 10months old and Squirt often lays his head in my lap for "forty winks"...It would definitely be interesting to know if this was normal behaviour, I just think it must be a sign they're very happy!
em7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
clanks76
Hatched

mine is the same age and I got my for my birthday 2 weeks ago!! We'll wait and see if it's just us being the over protective new mothers lol
Old 29-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
EquestrianBabe
Adult

Send a message via MSN to EquestrianBabe

Ohhhh, that sounds sooo cute! Next time he does it, get your OH to take a pic xx
Old 29-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
em7070
Hatched

I know but isn't it fun being tortie mums!! They're so cute with their little funny ways. Mine has just recently taken to climbing...is yours adventurous Clanks?
Old 30-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
clanks76
Hatched

She like to climb but is very careful not to fall, her neck is stretched to the limited to see what is beyond... So funny to watch!

Equesterianbabe - here's a pic i took of her sleeping with the blanket on my knee last night - she was there for about 2 hours!

Old 30-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Beverley
Adult

I know when you let your tortoise wander around your living room you are extra careful which is great personally I never let any of mine wander around indoors I feel it's just too dangerous, electric cables etc, also I think they would not enjoy walking on my wooden floors as they are slippy.
I am not telling you not to to do this but just be careful, many a tortoise has been stood on and that's not good. I am not criticising how anyone keeps their torts it's just a friendly reminder
Old 30-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
em7070
Hatched

awww bless yours sounds like a right character Clanks! I can't see the picture on my work computer (silly thing won't work), but I'll have to take a look when I get home. My little Squirt used me and my boyfriend as a climbing frame last night as we all sat watching the football...I think Squirt might even have been watching tv too
Old 30-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
Hubba Bubba
Incubating

That is adorable, my wee torties walk round the living room most nights, they seem to love it as I put the blow ehater on to keep them warm!!
Old 30-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
clanks76
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubba Bubba View Post
That is adorable, my wee torties walk round the living room most nights, they seem to love it as I put the blow ehater on to keep them warm!!
Me too Hubba Bubba.

I have the living room tort proof, no cables or anything around, just me and my hubbby, me watching the tort and hubby watching TV (secretly looking at her aswell)

xx