View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanako View Post
I already asked in another thread, but no one responded, so I will do a new thread.

Has anyone tried to feed Lilac (syringa vulgaris)? Tortoise table says that it is safe to feed and it has plenty of flowers... I am thinking of getting some at the garden centre, but I am wondering if the tortoises like it at all.

This summer I have planted a number of plants that my spoiled darlings did not eat, so I would like to have something as a treat (flowerly treat) which gives enough flowers that it won't be eaten within one serving. (I have quite few tortoises and I don't really want to have a lot of time growing and then one dinner and it is gone. I would prefer to plant something that will give us more dinners/treats than that.)

I have bought several rose bushes, so I hope they will be also one of those treats. Do you have some other suggestions? Something (bush or small tree) that gives a lot of eatable and delicious flowers.

Personally I wouldn't feed this. as it flowers very early in the season, when they should be eating more fibrous foods. To get their systems going properly.
But that's just me.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote