View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #72
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Nothing was getting heated sandy I was trying to get something across too but for some reason people couldn't get their heads around it either. There are people out there that can not keep or get their animals outside for various reasons but nobody could seem to grasp this all we got was they must go out !.I personally agree all tortoises will benefit from being outside but in some cases this is not possible is it so instead of jumping in negatively saying there is no such thing as an indoor tortoise we should maybe try and advise people as to the best options for them so they don't think stuff this and we never see them again
Sorry I still think people should have pets suitable to the pets needs not the owners. I would not dream of keeping my tortoises inside all the time. It's not natural for them.
And I would only advise that.
If people ask the should be told the truth, not what they want to hear, to many tortoise grow badly with incorrect husbandry.
They also end up for rehoming when it happens, or when it does not meet the keepers wants.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote