View Single Post
Old 23-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
CherryBrandy
Adult

Crikey don't put Radio 1 on it'll frighten him to death. Forget the radio, they've lived millions of years without Chris Evans, a few more years won't harm. The office lamp wont do anything but put some cost to your electricity bill so Id take it away. Make sure you have UVA and UVB in your set up (lamp). Basking under UVA ony will strip VitA and wont give them the energy or Vitamin D they need so badly. 8 0z - are you sure that's right or have I misread. At 4.5 inches he would be 300grammes odd I think at least?

so to recap Basking lamp is fine as long as you have a UV A/B spectrum lamp also. Probably no heat at night as excessive heat can cause all sorts of ill health - let Tortoises cool down.

Ive not tested this Jackson ratio hyperlink - but take a look for a guide. I work of a manual one so not sure if calculations are ok on this one but let us know what you think.

Good luck, keep us posted. I think your tort is probably too hot, so test temperatures. Decide whether he will hibernate or not as the processes are distinctly different, CB

http://www.tortoise-protection-group...k/site/171.asp