View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 08:42 AM   #8
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Wow 32 ft? Very grand. What species are using this Gordon? Do you have runs off to either side? Boxes? Would love to see some pictures please.

I am debating whether to swop my horsfield greenhouse for a conventional shaped. The one I have has lined glazing & I don't feel it lets enough sun in! I could swop for a glass one & move it over I reckon it'd get much better natural light & sun... But at the moment it's hard to get motivated & it's just been so bitterly cold. Minus five here last night!

Ha ha just seen this seems I didn't look at what I typed it should of said 22 feet long (fat fingers).
I don't like posting pictures of my pens as I get fed up with silly comments from people, had someone told me not long ago a picture I posted i had used off of Google even though I had just taken it myself.

Inside the greenhouse i have built a box the length of it, its two feet wide by one foot high. The reason for only being a foot high is to give the females a bit of peace from the males it stops most of them trying to mate all the time.
Then in the open are I have divided up the space and there is a ramp going outside through a hole in a piece of plexy glass then a ramp the other side. On the ramps I nail an old bit of carpet so they get better grip going up and down.
Also Inside the greenhouse I build a raised area for them to lay in and the rest is covered in slabs so laying is only done in the right place, well most of the time.
Outside is a bit boring compared to how some do things. Just large shade giving plants in large pots so they can't eat everything and I use one of the trays that you can put seed trays in sunk into the ground for water which works well.

As for which tortoises go out there its my normal group of Herman's in one bit then my group of Macedonian Herman's then morrocan spurthigh.
And I'm going to try again at getting my Indian stars outside if its hot enough.
Then the rest of the garden is owned by the Burmese browns. But if things work out there will be a few new pens built for some long awaited new things.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote