View Single Post
Old 13-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
Daz w
Egg

Default Horsfield advice

Hi all.

I am very new to tortoise keeping and have recently purchased a small horsfield for my wife. When we went to have a look at him in the shop he was bombing around the Vivarium he was in and eating like a hors...field should.

I followed the advice of the shop and set up a sort of tortoise table with correct uv and heat light. I have also set up with 'tortoise life' substrate and made him a nice deep end to burrow in.

The only thing is, since I got him home around 2 weeks ago, he only seems to want to stay under his rock in a burrow he has made and sleep. He eats very little, if at all. I have tried him with everything I can imagine from weeds and grass to carrot and broccoli but I just can't get him to eat.

I bath him most days for around 10 - 20 minutes which he seems to enjoy and the return him to his rock under the light to dry off but he stays for a while then goes back to his burrow.

The temperature is around 30-32 on his rock down to around 20-22 at the cool end (Where he very rarely goes) depending on ambient temperature.

I will attach some photo's of my setup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Daz
Daz w is offline   Reply With Quote