Thread: foods ...
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 10:37 AM   #10
Finsky
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taszia View Post
So weeds suggestions that people grow ...
Valerian...mine is just enjoying it..new growth is early to come through and although it does make quite sizeable plants..you can grow it in pots as well in ground out in the garden...it is very hardy plant indeed.

Not a weed, but spider plants...they make readily 'babies' so you have plenty to 'harvest'...you can grow it as indoor plant or take it outside in spring (or start again as babies)..and/or grow outdoors in containers and it will flourish and grow quickly.

Oregano...tough plant and will take quite a lot of abuse if you don't have time to look after it...for pots or in ground will come through again and is perennial. It is native to many tortoises natural habitats AND you can use some of that in your cooking too...with or without addition of tortoise poo It is easily grown from seed or get a plant and when it gets bigger just divide some already rooted side branches and you'll soon have plenty of them.

I have that many different species of edibles around here that I don't really need to grow them in purpose, but I'm planning to dig some weeds up to transfer into Putin's oncoming outdoor area. I already have plenty of split oregano plants in pots so those will come handy

Last edited by Finsky; 05-03-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote