View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #23
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Thank you for the kind words emma.

Going back to the breeder/dealer their set up looks good and I would give my right arm to have something half as good and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. But the amount of eggs they are bragging about they must have an awful lot of tortoises which must cost a fortune to feed and look after properly.
yes don't get me wrong it would be heaven to breed lovely tortoises, what a joy and responsibility. I'd love it and think the breeders do a fantastic job. my dream would be a UK Tortoise village like in France ...and a beautiful breeding programme to give something back, but I don't see this with Tortoise King here - perhaps I am wrong but where is the educational programme...giving back...rescue / sanctuary.

If it was 5000 puppies in the back yard being bred even with adequate care, great set up would we feel the same? I think I would - it just doesn't sit easy.

And Gordon - wouldn't the world be the worse if we didn't have those debates (even in gang dam style - I remember one). Never hold back , everyone has a right to opinion its how others receive it and debate it back and we all know who the gurus are on here....CB