View Single Post
Old 16-03-2011, 06:24 AM   #20
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
Hi all

I enjoyed the day , and the talks. Very good , especially liked the talk about alternative means of viewing inside chelonia with X-ray, endoscopes and ultrasound.

as for the EGM ...... didnt involve me as im not a member. But had a good chat with Paul ,Paul and Henk and a few others instead.

I will definetly go again.

Andy
Sadly, I too missed the EGM. as I had refused to sign the "Gagging order" laid down by the Chairman and his deputy, which had been given to me as a pre condition to regaining my membership of this august group of Chelonian enthusiasts. However, I did enjoy the Symposium earlier in the day and it was good to meet you aswell Andy.The Symposium itself, had a very good assemblage, of worthy speakers, only interupted by the afternoon fire alarm and the odd comment, from the MC.
For my money, Sharon Redrobe, gave a truly excellent presentation on "New ways to see inside Tortoises". Maybe, she might be persuaded to give another Talk next year entitiled; "New ways to look inside a Chelonia Group"? I am sure, with a suitable endoscope the subject would prove very illuminating!
I do hope however, there is an ACCURATE record of the minutes of this EGM which can be communicated to the whole membership, as for so very many, They remain ignorant of the proposals, being discussed and voted upon?
I myself, finished the day by dashing off to an Essex Tortoise group, to give them a talk on North American Box Turtles.