View Single Post
Old 16-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #18
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
I would still imagine that because of our higher rainfall through the summer that our weeds and plants would be richer than those in climates where rain is very infrequent through the summer. Weeds might be abundant in the spring but I doubt they be green and fresh for long, whenever we've been to med its been very dry and the plants aren't much more than dried up brownish weeds not the green lush ones we can find most of the year. I don't think we can replicate the natural diet unless we actually live there we all know how quickly our garden plants,grass etc will die if we don't water them if we do have a dry spell well doesn't the med etc have a 'dry spell' most of the summer.
Exactly, my weeds do dry up at the end of July, I then feed flowers, which tortoises would do in the wild:0)
I would never feed pellet foods, as it goes against my way of keeping tortoises. I also rarely feed salad foods either, as I have enough weeds and flowers not too:0)
I try to feed with the seasons, so in August tortoises rarely get fed anything other than what they can find:0)
They have had more rain in the south of france than we have:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is online now   Reply With Quote