Thread: Mazuri
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #32
joanna
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkie View Post
Theres been a lot of confusion over this exotic leafeater diet. It is not the EU version of US Mazuri tortoise diet. Totally different formulation.

A guy on another forum contacted Mazuri US and asked about exotic leaf eater. Here's the details..

"The Lady at Muzuri was nice enough to explain the confusion between the two Mazuri tortoise foods.*
*I told her the Exotic Leaf Eater Diet was not for sale on their website and I sent her a link to its PDF.

So from reading her reply below it seems they are made by two different companies, on two different continents. *No wonder she hadn't heard of it and thought I was getting confused with their Primate Diet.*
So to explain to others, the Tortoise Diet is American and only for sale in the United States, as we knew. The Tortoise Exotic leaf eater is from the UK, fed at Zoos and to the young torts with tinned tomatoes. (the latter has a third less sodium in it compared to the other)

The US Mazuri rep wrote:

"Believe it or not, although we used to be associated with the Mazuri based out of England, it's been many years since we were. *We had the same parent company for awhile - they started the Mazuri line in Europe about 1968. *It came to the US in 1989. *We were together for maybe 5 years. *That's why I don't recognize their (Tortoise) Leafeater Diet." *

If you compare the makeup of leafeater posted above to this for the US Mazuri tortoise diet, the differences are very apparent.

http://www.mazuri.com/pdf/5m21-5e06.pdf

Agreed, the lady at Mazuri US was very hepful when I contacted them. I have posted before about these diets but it seems to still be asked... Mazuri US gave details of NutraZu stating this was the EU version. If you check the Nutritional analysis of all 3, Mazuri US and Nutrazu compare, whereas Mazuri EU is noticeably different with way more protein and less fibre.
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote