Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events/Meetings (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   BHS meeting and Doncaster show June 2012 (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=49714)

fantapants 29-04-2012 08:03 PM

BHS meeting and Doncaster show June 2012

Just wondered if anybody from here had any plans to attend the Federation Of British Herpetologist meeting and the Doncaster reptile show the following day ? It's held in June on the 16th and 17th respectively . I am looking forward to the FBH meeting, given the recent hooha regarding the invasive species policy it should make for an interesting day. Plus, they always do a half decent buffet too . The Doncaster reptile show is a good day too and welcomes families and members f the public as well.

Anybody coming along?

Geomyda 29-04-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantapants (Post 541636)
Just wondered if anybody from here had any plans to attend the Federation Of British Herpetologist meeting and the Doncaster reptile show the following day ? It's held in June on the 16th and 17th respectively . I am looking forward to the FBH meeting, given the recent hooha regarding the invasive species policy it should make for an interesting day. Plus, they always do a half decent buffet too . The Doncaster reptile show is a good day too and welcomes families and members f the public as well.

Anybody coming along?

Hoping to get to this too, I went last year and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.
I think, that you are right about the potential debates this year. I have no doubt this subject, along with others such as the Lush/APA will be of great interest.
Have you had any details of speakers, presentations?

Watermelon 06-05-2012 01:43 PM

I went to Doncaster show last sep it was good!

So is this another show and a meeting thing too? Do people do presentations on tortoises there?x

Geomyda 06-05-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watermelon (Post 542526)
I went to Doncaster show last sep it was good!

So is this another show and a meeting thing too? Do people do presentations on tortoises there?x

In June, the IHS show at Doncaster is usually preceded the day before with an FBH ( Federation of British Herpetologists) conference. I have yet to see the programme for the meeting this June but would imagine there is much to cover. Now, especially that the Arena, Steedman & Warwick paper has been recently published?
With this and the forthcoming EU directive on Invasive species, the hobby really needs to discuss how to fend off the significant threats from potentially draconian legislation!

suttysue 06-05-2012 02:00 PM

Ooo I missed this last year so I might just pop along to the show. A friend of mine who lives in Donny went and enjoyed the show.
Will put it in my diary
Sue

shelmarie 06-05-2012 08:19 PM

oh ive missed this the last couple of times so i really need to go this time, thanks for posting the dates x

WriterNick 08-05-2012 07:30 PM

I think I might scoot along to the reptile show on the 17th :)