Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hi, newbie from North Yorkshire 🐢 (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74083)

Jojo--22 06-07-2016 04:00 PM

Hi, newbie from North Yorkshire 🐢

Hi
I'm jo, just acquired my first tort about a month ago, a 2 yr old hermanns called zuma. We live in North Yorkshire (my hubby, 2 boys, 2 cats, a lot of fish, zuma and me) 😊
He/she was bought from a friend of a friend who had lost interest. Zuma seemed quite small for a 2yr old (I'm not a expert but I just thought it would be bigger). Zuma is eating well and seems settled in fine so can't complain.
A lovely new family pet.
I'm totally smitten ❤️🐢❤️🐢

Ozric Jonathan 06-07-2016 11:43 PM

Zuma does look lovely Jo Jo.

I lived in north yorkshire when I was young - Harrogate.

But I migrated to Scotland many years ago.

Welcome to Shelled Warriors!

Jonathan

herriotfan 07-07-2016 09:14 AM

Hi and welcome.
Glad Zuma is enjoying life in beautiful Yorkshire!
Torties are so easy to fall in love with xxxxxxx

emma_mcraf 07-07-2016 02:26 PM

Welcome Jo and Zuma. :-)

Jan W 08-07-2016 06:30 PM

Welcome Jo Jo. Zuma, what a lovely name. Did you choose this for a particular reasons?

Jojo--22 08-07-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan W (Post 667020)
Welcome Jo Jo. Zuma, what a lovely name. Did you choose this for a particular reasons?

It's a character from my children's favourite TVs programm, plus I thought it was ironic as tortoises are supposed to be slow. Although I've found out this isn't really the case 😂😂

Thank you all for the lovely welcome messages 😊

CherryBrandy 09-07-2016 09:38 PM

welcome, hermanns are a very pretty tortoise too and nice characters apparently, CB

Jojo--22 09-07-2016 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 667039)
welcome, hermanns are a very pretty tortoise too and nice characters apparently, CB

Yes I read up before desiring what breed to get, decided Hermanns tortoise for that reason. Although I think it might be the males that are more of a character, I've heard stories of them being romantic with plant pots, slippers and garden gnomes 😂😂😂

CherryBrandy 10-07-2016 05:38 PM

Garden gnomes..... dark horses of the garden world ! enjoy ! CB

emma_mcraf 10-07-2016 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jojo--22 (Post 667042)
Yes I read up before desiring what breed to get, decided Hermanns tortoise for that reason. Although I think it might be the males that are more of a character, I've heard stories of them being romantic with plant pots, slippers and garden gnomes 😂😂😂

Hermanns have great characters. My male Theo has a plastic cactus he likes to get romantic with. He becomes very vocal, usually when we have visitors! :shock:

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching Zuma as he matures. ;-)