Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Failed.. (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42715)

yuna1971 04-05-2011 07:34 PM

Failed..

I'm 39 years old, started finally learning to drive Feb 2009. Theory test was passed July 2009. You have 2 years from that date to pass the practical.
So I failed the practical test today. You have to wait 10 days before you can take again, fat lot of good when the earliest dates the local test centre can do is June!!!
So now the stopwatch begins... I have to pass before the theory runs out.
It's taken me ages...
I'm so down my chin is dragging on the ground.

Wondered if there was anyone who felt this crappy failure feeling - I need to be inspired. Hearing others success stories will help.

The theory deadline is what bothers me... And whether I can book enough test times (if failure occurs) to pass before having to re sit that damn theory.
Have to say.... I am not sure I can do all that again.

Well... That is all :(

Neddy 04-05-2011 08:01 PM

Awww mate come on it was your first attempt!! Get yourself off that bloody floor, dust yourself off and pass next time!!

Stop beating yourself up :)

How many times have you died in a computer game and kept trying until you get through the level??

Like most things the more you do it the better you get :)

Much Love

Sara xxx

anna m 04-05-2011 08:02 PM

Good luck. Very few people pass first time I hear. I don't drive so don't know what to advise really. Maybe book a retest every week if they will let you. All the best

Helen M 04-05-2011 08:03 PM

My little sister had 5 attempts before she passed. I'm sure you'll nail it next time. You just have to pick yourself up and try again.

Helen xx

Alan1 04-05-2011 08:05 PM

you will pass in june rach, it will be so :)

CarapaceGrace 04-05-2011 08:10 PM

My mum took her test three times before passing, and she is the most carefullest goodest driver I know of :)

Me and OH both passed first time and we aren't as good as her (esp OH lol)

Conclusion... you must be a good driver :D

Cre 04-05-2011 08:37 PM

Keep ringing up everyday for a cancellation.

No one can be as daft as I am...I failed my test without even driving out of the test centre :oops:
I was asked to reverse my car into a parking space and overshot the mark and parked on the line, asked if I could do it again he said no but said to carry on with the test for experience but I decided it was not worth the stress as I had failed so got out of the car and got my driving instructor. The good news is I passed a month later with only 5 minors.
Good luck you can do it! xxxxxx

Marly 04-05-2011 08:54 PM

Sorry Rachx

But they do say all the best drivers pass second time!

What ever I was told about tests by people just didn't prepare me for my first. I was so nervous, just made a total mess of it, but it did mean I knew what to expect the next time.
Went to my second with a totally different attitude and passed!
Think of it as a trial run Rach, you are much better equiped now for the 2nd one.
The advice about cancelations is good.
Looking forward to seeing you in the 2nd time passed club xxx

TortBabe 04-05-2011 08:59 PM

My next door neighbour passed her practical test today on her 5th attempt :) You can do it Rach :)

yuna1971 04-05-2011 09:44 PM

I was throwing stuff around when I got in... Like a kid who got refused an ice cream. You all would have laughed...lol