Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Gall stones hurt. (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41462)

pagan queen 28-02-2011 03:37 PM

Gall stones hurt.

I had no sleep all night last night and had to call the Dr at 5 am as I was in so much pain. She say's I have gallstones. I have to have a blood test and scan at the hospital tomorrow. I have also got a period after 2 and a half years without. (early menopause) so I have been fast tracked to a gynaecologist, a private hospital no less. I seem to be falling apart, my uterus and rectum have prolapsed as well as everything else, I'm hoping the gynaecologist will whip out my womb and rid me of the aggro for good.
Sorry if people find this offensive but I just needed to get it off my chest.

ClareandCo 28-02-2011 03:49 PM

Sorry to read your post, what we women have to suffer with? Sometimes I thing its better to "whip it all out", and I mean that politely (not that I have any experience in this field) so life can go on in a better and improved way.

It just seems to be one thing after another at times!

16 shells 28-02-2011 05:40 PM

Sound's a bit rough to me, hope you get sorted Wendy. In the year 2057 you can go on a waiting list for a new body, your brain is transfered, just a new you. The pay as you go health one's are a bit mass manufactured slight flaw's, but the total buy now private one's are fantastic and gaurenteed.:-D

pagan queen 28-02-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16 shells (Post 448127)
Sound's a bit rough to me, hope you get sorted Wendy. In the year 2057 you can go on a waiting list for a new body, your brain is transfered, just a new you. The pay as you go health one's are a bit mass manufactured slight flaw's, but the total buy now private one's are fantastic and gaurenteed.:-D

:lol: I'll be 91 by then, don't think my brain will be any better than my body. And how long is this waiting list gonna be? Would we be expected to work if we have a good body? the whole thing sounds like a minefield. I think I'll start putting a little bit away every month though, I quite fancy the private model. :smile:

16 shells 28-02-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagan queen (Post 448130)
:lol: I'll be 91 by then, don't think my brain will be any better than my body. And how long is this waiting list gonna be? Would we be expected to work if we have a good body? the whole thing sounds like a minefield. I think I'll start putting a little bit away every month though, I quite fancy the private model. :smile:

It might be a little simpler than the present scheme, i doubt it though.:razz:
The only job's available is the packing debt at My body packaging inc. Some touchy feely people work there though.

pagan queen 28-02-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClareandCo (Post 448109)
Sorry to read your post, what we women have to suffer with? Sometimes I thing its better to "whip it all out", and I mean that politely (not that I have any experience in this field) so life can go on in a better and improved way.

It just seems to be one thing after another at times!

I totally agree with you Clare, I have no use for my uterus any more, I have 4 beautiful children and have had my menopause so it's just excess baggage now, baggage that is causing me no end of hassle. Plus it would be nice to have a rest in a nice private hospital at the NHS's expense, we have paid our national insurance for years after all. :wink:

lizzy k 28-02-2011 09:53 PM

I know how you feel as I had gallstones and they were truly agony. I couldn't have much cream or butter as dairy makes them worst. I only had a bad attack about once a year, and I then had a truly awful one and decided to have the gallbladder out. That was last Feb and it was the best decision I made.

Good luck with your appointments.

pagan queen 28-02-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzy k (Post 448240)
I know how you feel as I had gallstones and they were truly agony. I couldn't have much cream or butter as dairy makes them worst. I only had a bad attack about once a year, and I then had a truly awful one and decided to have the gallbladder out. That was last Feb and it was the best decision I made.

Good luck with your appointments.

I have had 2 attacks in 12 days and now realise the stomach pains I have been having on and off for the past year were also down to the stones. The Dr wanted to admit me into hospital this morning but I had my 2 youngest sleeping upstairs and have a 2 new sofas being delivered tomorrow plus our central heating boiler was being re-built today (another long story) so I had to refuse to go. I must admit it is such an awful pain, and I was vomiting too, I would rather have a baby, at least you get something at the end.

lizzy k 01-03-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagan queen (Post 448252)
I have had 2 attacks in 12 days and now realise the stomach pains I have been having on and off for the past year were also down to the stones. The Dr wanted to admit me into hospital this morning but I had my 2 youngest sleeping upstairs and have a 2 new sofas being delivered tomorrow plus our central heating boiler was being re-built today (another long story) so I had to refuse to go. I must admit it is such an awful pain, and I was vomiting too, I would rather have a baby, at least you get something at the end.

My worse attacks I was the same, and doubled up in pain willing the Dr to hurry up and come (and I don't do Dr's). I was diagnosed when I was pregnant and she is nearly 7 now. They don't do anything much when it's too bad, but the op was keyhole and they try to send you home the same day!. I am sure the Dr told you but try and keep off the dairy as it's that food that makes it worse due to the fat. Sending you get well vibes.

bettyboop 01-03-2011 04:35 PM

I had my Gallbladder out 3 yrs ago, had to be at the hospital at 8.30am and was home ready to watch neighbours at 1.30pm. the only pain killer i had is what they top you up with during the op, didnt need a single pain killer after, no pain just the tightness of the stitches after sitting down for to long.