Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Migrants in Kent (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73254)

yuna1971 29-07-2015 04:36 PM

Migrants in Kent

Just wondered as I know we have some Kent members on here, whether you've noticed migrants about? Been reading on BBC news website that the area is getting these illegal migrants (getting in via the tunnel from Calais).
What a mess it all is...? And what is the solution to it all...xx:)

Gordon 29-07-2015 04:47 PM

Not sure who is who nowadays I went into town today and it's not a big place but seems there were more people talking in a foreign language than English :shock::shock::shock:

vikki 29-07-2015 05:39 PM

Mind you that can happen anywhere - I live in Gloucestershire and at the moment we have a lot of polish/eastern European people who come here to do the fruit picking.

Gordon 29-07-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikki (Post 656291)
Mind you that can happen anywhere - I live in Gloucestershire and at the moment we have a lot of polish/eastern European people who come here to do the fruit picking.

Vikki where abouts in gloss are you

yuna1971 29-07-2015 06:08 PM

It's this channel tunnel problem that concerns me. xx:)

CherryBrandy 29-07-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikki (Post 656291)

yes I do too, apples mostly - though not sure they would fall under the 'lets jump on the lorry to kent' catergory. They are v polite and most of the workers don't drive and ask how the bus time table works which is really awkward because I haven't got a clue and couldn't even explain it in English. I think you have to be over 80 to understand it.

Gordon 29-07-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuna1971 (Post 656294)
It's this channel tunnel problem that concerns me. xx:)

Just a thought if it were the other way around and we had all the poor migrants and they were trying to get into France would the french do anything to stop them.
We can all moan about them but you must wonder how crap their lives must be to risk your own life.:-(

Alan1 29-07-2015 08:10 PM

I was in the dentist waiting room last year and there was a full scale conversation going on between the other three people waiting there, no idea what lingo it was but it was foreign to me. It feels uncomfortably strange when you don't feel at home in your own country

CherryBrandy 29-07-2015 08:15 PM

I really don't mean to be rude Alan1 but i've been to Scotland, have Scottish friend and Scottish boss! no mean feat.

CherryBrandy 29-07-2015 08:17 PM

don't ban me ! :sad: